Eligibility standards for engineering exam are different from agriculture exam.
The eligibility for the exam is as follows:
On the basis Nationality
: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
He should be an Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holders/Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
Candidate should belong to Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana state. The candidates should satisfy Local/Non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh/Telangana
On the basis of Age Limit
Eligibility Criteria for age is different for all the engineering courses.
Candidates should have completed 16 years of age, as on December 31 of the year of admission.
There is no upper age limit.
For Pharma.D, B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering)
Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
The upper age limit for the applicants belonging to General Category must be 22 years, while for SC/ST category, they must be 25 years of age as on December 31 of the admission year.
On the basis of Academic Qualification
Candidates must satisfy the following academic requirement to be eligible for the Common Entrance Test:
Applicants must have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional.
- Candidates qualifying in vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology, conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education and Technology are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The vocational courses must be conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana. Along with bridge course or courses conducted by it for candidates enrolled during the academic year 2001 onwards, or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates who have qualified the final year of the Diploma examination in Engineering are also eligible to apply for the common entrance test.
- The diploma examination must be conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates qualifying in any other examination recognized as equivalent to the diploma examination by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana are eligible.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the subjects mentioned above taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants belonging to Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste must secure at least 40% in the subjects specified taken together in the qualifying examination.