The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level board of education in India for public and private schools, controlled and managed by Union Government of India. CBSE has asked all schools affiliated to follow only NCERT curriculum.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the largest educational board in the Country that provides stress-free, student-centric, and holistic education without compromising on the quality. CBSE conducts the Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination across the Country.
CBSE conducts the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year in the month of March. The results are announced by the end of May.
Since education is a subject on the concurrent list of the Indian constitution – most of the states have formed their own educational boards with different curriculum. However, CBSE still has the advantage of being the most preferred board all over India
The Curriculum prescribed by CBSE strives to:
- provide ample scope for physical, intellectual and social development of students;
- enlist general and specific teaching and assessment objectives;
- uphold Constitutional values such as Socialism, Secularism, Democracy,
Republican Character, Justice, Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, Human Dignity of Individual and the Unity and integrity of the Nation by encouraging values-based learning activities;
- nurture Life-Skills by prescribing curricular and co-curricular activities to help improve self-esteem, empathy towards others and different cultures etc.;
- integrate innovations in pedagogy, knowledge and application, such as human sciences with technological innovations to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines;
- promote inclusive education by providing equal opportunities to all students;
- integrate environmental education in various disciplines from classes I-XII;
- equally emphasize Co-scholastic areas of General Studies and Health and Physical Education.
- Promote Art integrating learning
The CBSE Curriculum aims to:
- achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence;
- enhance self-awareness and explore innate potential;
- promote Life Skills, goal setting, and lifelong learning;
- inculcate values and foster cultural learning and international understanding in an
inter dependent society;
- acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of
- strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills;
- develop the ability to appreciate art and show case talents;
- promote physical fitness, health and well-being.